Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the website of First Choice. By accessing our site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use and are bound by all applicable laws and regulations.
The site and its original content, features, and services are owned by First Choice and are protected by international copyright, trademark, intellectual property, and other proprietary rights laws.
If, for any reason, we believe that our Terms and Conditions have not been upheld, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate access to our website without prior notice or liability.
1. All of our orders are completed within 14 days of acceptance at most. However, if your order is DAY, DATE or TIME SPECIFIC – please send us a message to confirm our availability before accepting our quote. We WILL NOT be held responsible for being unable to complete a job within a set timescale once accepted if this HAS NOT been discussed beforehand.
2. If your collection/delivery address is a shop/auction house/warehouse, we will need to be made aware of this BEFORE acceptance of our quote. Please send us a message with the shop/auction house/warehouse details including opening and closing times. We WILL NOT be held responsible for being unable to complete a job within a set timescale – once accepted if you HAVE NOT made us aware that there are time restrictions at the location BEFOREHAND.
3. If your items require more than one person to lift or if your items require carrying up or down flights of stairs, we will need to be made aware of this BEFORE acceptance of our quote. Please inform us in a message if there will be someone available to help load/unload items or if there is lift access to floors other than ground. Our quotes are based on items that require a 1-PERSON LIFT and are present on the GROUND floor. We WILL NOT be held responsible for being unable to complete a job that requires more than a 1-person lift, or where the items are not based on the ground floor UNLESS you have previously contacted us to discuss this BEFOREHAND. Any items found to require more than a 1-person lift or items that are not being moved from ground floor to ground floor WILL incur AN EXTRA CHARGE or may not be collected/delivered at the discretion of our driver.
4. Any animals that are transported by us must be fit and well and in good health at the time of collection. They must not have had any sickness/stomach upsets within the 48 hours before travel and must have been flead/wormed within the last 28 days and must have had any vaccinations more than 48 hours prior to travel. We reserve the right to ask for proof of this. Any animals that appear to be unwell or unfit for travel may not be collected/delivered at the discretion of our driver. You WILL still be charged for the journey made to the collection point.
5. Any animals arriving from abroad must have the appropriate paperwork to travel. We will not carry any animals without the correct paperwork. If animals are found to have incorrect paperwork on collection, we WILL refuse to transport them. In this instance you WILL still be charged for the journey made to the collection point.
6. Here at First Choice we WILL provide you with a 2-hour collection/delivery window. However, we ask for patience in this matter. Due to the nature of the job things are constantly changing. In order to provide you with the most accurate delivery/collection window we will be in touch the evening before scheduled collection/delivery. We can only do this however, if contact details are up to date. We WILL NOT be held responsible for failing to provide a delivery window where inaccurate contact details are held. We WILL NOT be held responsible for being unable to collect/deliver an item where no one is present to hand-over/receive an item AFTER a delivery window has been provided. In this instance we will only attempt to re-collect/deliver a item where the initial fee PLUS a re-delivery/collection fee is paid in ADVANCE of services.
7. On acceptance of our quote it is the responsibility of the person booking our service to ensure that all collection, delivery and contact details for all parties involved are present and correct. We will not be held responsible for being unable to complete a job where there are missing/inaccurate details. We request that all details are up to date and accurate AT LEAST 24 hours before the scheduled collection/delivery. We reserve the right to postpone/cancel any agreed collections/deliveries where the contact details are inaccurate/incomplete 24 hours prior to scheduled collection/delivery dates.
8. All advance bookings are subject to a 50% (of the final balance) deposit. This is a non-refundable deposit to secure your booking. Payment is the responsibility of the person booking our service. We accept payment by bank transfer or cash. We require deposit payment in advance but will accept payment on collection or delivery for the remaining balance. The very latest that final payment can be made is on delivery of items. NO items will be left without prior payment being made be that in advance or at the doorstep. We reserve the right to seize any items where service has not been paid for in advance/on delivery. We will only attempt to redeliver a seized item where the initial fee and a re-delivery fee is paid in advance.
9. All last-minute bookings are subject to 100% payment in advance of delivery. This payment is non-refundable (in extreme circumstances credit to be used on a future order may be offered at the discretion of the company). We accept payment for last minute bookings by bank transfer only. NO items will be left without prior payment being made.
By accepting our quote you agree to ALL terms and conditions detailed above.
Thank you for taking the time to read our T’s and C’s and we hope to hear from you very soon.